Thursday, August 26, 2010

"old" friends

This past Sunday, August 22, I had the privilege and pleasure of getting together with a group of people with whom I attended high school many moons ago. As can be the case with any event, I was not really sure what to expect. Most of us have reconnected recently on Facebook. I had avoided Facebook until my daughter decided that she simply MUST have a Facebook account. I agreed that she could be on if, and only if, she agreed to "friend" me and allow me to see everything that is posted on her page. I was pleasantly surprised to find many of my "old" friends were online this way, and even more pleasantly surprised to find that they were interested in what was going on in my life.
While we may not agree on all topics, we all certainly had a really good time on Sunday. I was pleased to have intelligent discussions on many issues in a respectful manner. Too often people will spiral down into name calling when they don't agree. That did not happen on Sunday. I hope to be able to spend more time with these people, my "old" friends.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the opportunity to renew these relationships. Your ability to bring people together and help us to build community never ceases to amaze me.

Amen.

No comments: