Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Potato Fudge

This fudge is a favorite of my family. I started making it 5 or 6 years ago. My DH talked about it frequently as a favorite of his growing up so I asked my in-laws for the recipe. They have since passed on, so this is a way to remember them during the holidays.

1 potato, boiled and mashed ( I use a little milk and butter to get a nice consistency)
confectioner's sugar at least a pound. It may be more or less depending on the size of your potato
peanut butter

While your potato is still warm, add confectioner's sugar 1/2 a cup at a time until the consistency is that of pie crust dough.
Roll out the dough into a rectangle (depending on your potato, this could wind up being 2 rectangles)

Spread the rectangle with peanut butter (I guess you could use something else as filling if you don't like peanut butter. I bet it would taste good with Nutella.)

Roll the dough up like a jelly roll, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Slice into very thin slices, approximately 1/8" thick or thinner.

This is VERY sweet and rich, so you don't want to do more than nibble.

1 comment:

Mary B said...

So delicious! Its one of my favorite things you make. Hopefully I can get out of my 'dumps'soon and start baking. Bought the stuff for gingerbread.
(This usually doesn't hit till February...)