Monday, July 06, 2009

wrapping up

I am still processing all the end of the school year stuff. You know what I mean. The essays and papers that still need to be corrected, the portfolio that still needs to be assembled. I am also waiting for the standardized test results for my 3 children who are at home. We are also thinking about next year and planning for curriculum. We are venturing back into a co-op for many of our classes next year after staying home for all of our classes this past year. I love the co-op as far as opportunity to be with other families goes, however, I am afraid my children see only the social opportunity, and do not understand that this is a wonderful learning opportunity.

I am wondering about how to balance the co-op with the rest of the week. I am also trying to determine if I will continue to attend the Ladies Bible Study that has been a part of my life for so many years. I am not sure if I can justify another day out of the house with 2 co-op days.

In the mean time, one of my dear homeschooling friends is taking classes and talking about becoming a public school teacher. I will miss her if and when she starts teaching in brick and mortar schools.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for opportunities and changes. May we follow Your will for us. Please help us to discern the way You would have us follow.

Amen.

1 comment:

Mary B said...

She would miss you as well!