Friday, April 10, 2009

What do you do when....

One of your children lies to you? We are struggling with this on a couple of levels right now, and it is frustrating. We expect the best effort our children can give, and we expect honesty. I don't think that is too much. We are getting neither of these things right now. Some of it I attribute to spring fever. In the youngest, some of it relates to his vision and the huge amount of growing he has been doing. In the oldest one at home, I don't know what to attribute it to. I know he is struggling through his first year in college. I also know he is having a difficult time prioritizing. He is unsure what he wants to do with his life, but then, how many of us at 18 or 19 (or even my age...44) know what we want to "be when we grow up?"

My frustration lies in the dishonesty. If they are truly having a hard time, I want to know it. I can't assist if I don't have a clue.

What have you done in this type of situation?

Dear Lord,
Please be with all our children as they go through the "growing pains" of life. You know their needs, Lord. Please help DH and I, as parents, to guide them when necessary, and to set them straight when needed.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.