Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am so excited!

My homeschool received a grant from the National Endowment for Humanities. It is a Picturing America Award. It includes 40 reproductions of American art and a teacher resource book.

I am looking forward to discussing this with my homeschool group to see if we could use it for an art/art history class so more students can benefit from the wealth of this grant.

Dear Lord,
I was so surprised by the letter I received via e-mail today telling me about this grant. I had forgotten about applying for it. Thank you for sending this to brighten things up here during the cold dreary winter. It is a reminder that spring will come as the package should arrive in March or April.
Amen.

3 comments:

one_big_pain said...

Good news! congratulations for applying - and winning - the grant, not an easy task I understand.

Keep applying, it's heart-warming to see those go to people who appreciate it and are willing to share so many can benefit.

-cindy

Bob said...

This is exciting! Woo hoo!

Cheryl said...

That Bob comment was really from me. Oooops!