Monday, August 25, 2008

My children were upset.

Yesterday my children returned from Holy Communion upset. The Eucharistic minister had said "The body of Christ's son" instead of "the Body of Christ."
How would you address this? I was flabbergasted.
Here's what I did: I told my children to go only to the priest for Communion. I told our pastor about it and which Eucharistic minister it was. It was a woman. This may or may not be part of the issue.
Personally, I do not think that women belong distrubuting Communion. I also do not like to see girls serving on the altar. Call me old fashioned. I don't care. Christ did not make women priests. He conferred that role to men. Putting women in the positions that have always been held by men only strengthens the desire of some for women priests. My 2 cents on this subject.

Lord,
Please help this misguided woman. She may be a Eucharistic minister out of a desire to serve your church. If she is there to serve you, please show her the error of her words. If she is attempting to change things by abuses such as this, weed her out of this area of service, please. Please help me to guide my children and to teach them that such changes are an abuse.
Amen.

1 comment:

Adamgv said...

http://ccrg.info/cas.htm

Please help us by acquiring this Catholic Traditionalist CD and by making a donation
to one of the few left of the remnant Church Militant; designed to expose the
masonic evils of our world and implement philosophies, technologies, and economies
designed to preserve and protect present and future generations.

All challenges or assistance welcomed and encouraged.


Introducing the new Traditionalist Catholic
National Anthem
: Guns & Jesus.

http://ccrg.info/cas.htm