Friday, July 18, 2008

Podcasts

I work outside our home Monday through Friday for a couple of hours in the evening. I clean a small preschool/kindergarten. I have found that I love having an MP3 player (in my case, an iPod Shuffle). I listen to Catholic podcasts. I love Fr. Roderick's Daily Breakfast, Rosary Army, Catholic in a Small Town, and The Catholic Hack. I also listen to Catholic Moments, Catholic Connection, The Journey Home, and Sunday Night Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel. I get the occasional episode of Catholic Answers Live and Life on the Rock, as well. Once in a while, I mix it up by listening to the Rosary or a Scott Hahn talk on my iPod. I find that I get a good mix of information by listening to these podcasts. Once in while, I disagree with something someone says (mostly on the Catholic Answers shows). My disagreements are not on doctrinal matters, but rather on things more based on opinion, like books.

I must say that my favorite show is really Sunday Night Live. I just love Fr. Groeschel. I heard him speak in person in March at a women's conference in my diocese, and he was wonderful. I waited in line to have a chance to say hello and have my book signed.

I listened to many of the podcasters talking about the Catholic New Media Celebration that took place in June in Atlanta. It sounds like it was a really great time. Maybe next time I can go and meet some of these people who try hard to live out our Catholic faith.

Lord,
Thank you for the gift of faith. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be inspired by New Catholic Media. It is a help to me in my daily life.
Amen

No comments: