Monday, June 23, 2008

Presbyopia




Presbyopia- noun
farsightedness due to ciliary muscle weakness and loss of elasticity in the crystalline lens.
[Origin: 1785–95; presby- (comb. form of présbys old, old man) + -opia]

In other words, I am getting old. My prescription is such that I cannot get bifocals. I think I am grateful for this as I get motion sickness and I think bifocals would nauseate me. So, I need one pair of glasses for reading (and computer where I have the most difficulty seeing now) and another for watching TV and driving. I am getting different colors so I can tell which are which.....

I was amazed at how much different things looked with and without the corrections this time. I have never had such noticeable difference before.

Lord,
Thank you for healthy eyes. I may have more difficulty seeing, but over all, my eyes remain healthy. Please help me to accept these changes in vision gracefully. Help me to wear the glasses when they come in, and to not be vain.
Amen.

1 comment:

one_big_pain said...

Oy how I can empathize with you! I have bifocals and they want to put me in trifocals . . . yikes. I'm resisting that - just seems too complicated, and I get along okay with just a separate pair to use for playing piano and flute. This aging business definitely has its down side!

Take care. -cindy