Friday, May 02, 2008

The crowning of Mary

This is YDS' First Communion photo.
The Catholic Homeschool group to which we belong meets at a local church for adoration and Mass each first Friday during the school year. Today we had Mass, adoration, confession and the May crowning of Our Lady.

Traditionally, children who are First Communicants for the year are chosen to crown Our Lady. This year, we had 2 children in our group. One is my dear friend Mary's daughter, and the other was my own dear YDS. My friend's daughter is very tiny for her age, so she carried the crown during the procession, and my YDS actually climbed the ladder to place the crown on the head of our Blessed Mother. All the little ones processed in the church and placed flowers in a vase at Our Lady's feet.

Father Henry Dorsch, who will celebrate his 40th year as a priest later this month, is so very kind in allowing us use of his parish's church and hall each month. He has a true devotion to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, and each month he takes the time to teach the children how to behave at adoration, and how to pray. We are truly blessed by this wonderful man who shepherds with love and kindness. Father enjoyed the May crowning and took photos of the event.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry we missed the First Friday. Rachel had her 2 year check-up. I didn't bring my planner when I made my appointment. Next time I'll know better. I'm glad that you were able to make it.

Mary B said...

It was so nice! Love that youngest boy of yours! We need to try to go to Father's anniversary Mass.