Monday, March 17, 2008

A little weepy


It is St. Patrick's Day. although the Holy See actually moved the feasts of St. Patrick and St. Joseph to the 14th and 15th of March for this year as no feasts can be celebrated during Holy Week. We are anticipating Easter. Despite these reasons for joy, I am having a weepy night.
I am missing my older two children who have both moved out. I spoke to my mother and my oldest son is doing pretty well although his vision and speech are still pretty heavily affected by the brain injury. My mom said that they went out to dinner with ODS last week, and he is moving around really well. He only has therapy for his vision now. He is still having occasional difficulty connecting words into a complete thought. I guess he has been cleared to look for a job and he has been working out at a gym with his uncle.

My ODD is another story. She seems to have stopped talking to all of her family...not just me. I really miss her.

I think I am having some "empty nest" feelings even though there are still 5 children here.

Today is also the 10th anniversary of my grandmother's passing. I was not very close to her, but she was so steady that I have missed her terribly in these ten years.

Lord,
My heart aches for the children who are no longer living in my home as well as the ones who are here. My YDS is so sweet most of the time, and he so terribly misses all those people who have left him in the last 2 1/2 years. He misses his Memere and Pepere and his brother and sister. When ODD stops in to visit he clings to her when she is leaving. I can see that he could really have a problem later on in life with a fear of abandonment. Please protect him and hold him in Your loving arms. Please protect ODS and ODD as they venture out in the world. May they know Your love in their lives and stop buying the lies of the world. Touch my step sons hearts as well, Lord. They are so lost and angry, even if they think they are not.

Amen.

2 comments:

Bird said...

You are of course right that having too much family is a blessing--not a curse. I'm simply bemoaning the politics involved--specifically trying to divide Easter into pieces. Not really possible.

I'm sorry you are missing your children. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

one_big_pain said...

Our children bring us so much joy - and such depth of pain.

When I read in the Bible, "...and Mary pondered these things in her heart..." I think I sometimes know just how she felt . . .

Hope your Easter brings your family many blessings.
-cindy