Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today was difficult.

Today I crashed. Not literally, but figuratively. I had a very difficult day. I cried alot. I have very broad shoulders, but today they were not quite broad enough. The weight I had on them made me collapse with sorrow. It is very difficult to watch your 19 year old son struggle to walk and use the bathroom. It is so very difficult to watch him be unable to communicate his needs.

Lord,
I know you are with us, and I know you have a plan. Please help me to be patient and to wait on Your time.

Amen.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't really know what to say. I can't imagine how difficult your past few weeks have been. Know that I am thinking of you and I'll continue to pray.

Mary B said...

Adria has a good idea if your speach therapists hasn't already considered it. They often use a story board or some other interem communication device. She's thinking of you and so am I.

one_big_pain said...

I don't know of any mother who can deal with your situation without an occasional meltdown. That only means you are human, not that your shoulders are not broad enough.

The way I see it, you released your fears and tensions, picked yourself back up and are once again ready to do what it takes to be there for your son while still being there for the rest of your family. That is no easy task!

The prayers of many are with you, with your son, and with those who are caring for him.

Take care. -cindy