Friday, August 17, 2007

Just call me Grace.....

Well, graceful I am not. I have always had a tendency to walk into things, or bump into things, or swing my hand while walking and bruise it against a piece of furniture. I have broken both little toes numerous times by walking into furniture in the dark. Well, today takes the cake. I was carrying a laundry basket down the stairs to the laundry room in the basement. I stepped on...(are you ready for this one?) a gallon paint can. I was about half way down the stairs. I had the sense to let go of the laundry basket, but I still could not save myself from falling the rest of the way down the stairs. My children called their father to tell him I fell, and I laid on the floor until he got home to help me up. This was around 2 p.m.. Right now I hurt all over. I have bruises on my left arm, and my back is throbbing. Ah, well....palanca......

Dear Lord,
I ask you to join the pain in my body to your suffering for those people I have mentioned to you in my recent prayers. You know their needs, Lord. I pray for them both to become closer to you and able to let go of past hurts in their lives.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh...down the stairs! How awful. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

g.j.

Greg said...

So this is the new pad…Very nice!!!

Golly…I apologize. What happened to your oldest son?
I scrolled back into August. How did I miss this?
You know I come in agreement for his healing and read that he is doing a lot better. Yes, Praise God!!!

Your abortion meter since the gulf war is very interesting. I’ve wondered how those who protest the war then approve abortion.

I’ll try not to be a stranger. All the best to your whole family.

Greg