Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Upheaval

As a result of errors in judgement and lack of seeking God's will in the past, we now sometimes have to deal with situations which are physically, mentally, and spiritually draining. Many of these situations are related to former spouses and children from previous marriages. We have a blended family and we are seeking to be within God's will for our lives, even as before, when we were not walking with the Lord, we ignored his will. Times like these, however, create in me a dryness of prayer life, like a desert. Yesterday and today are days like that. I don't know how or what to pray, and at my most desperate points find the only thing I can do is call His name, Jesus, over and over again. I find myself praying today, "Thy will, not mine be done."

Lord,
I believe, help my unbelief.

Amen.

1 comment:

Mary B said...

Those are the most difficult of prayers, the most humble, and it is after being made lowly that we are raised up.

Still praying for you.