Wednesday, May 09, 2007

New clothes

I took YDS and YDD shopping on Saturday for some much needed new summer clothes. I always wash new things before I allow the children to wear them. One of the "skorts" I bought for YDD fell apart in the wash. This frustrates me. Now I have to return to the mall (I HATE THE MALL!!!) and try to find a parking space and return the skort. I do not want another one because of how it fell apart. One of the biggest issues, though, is the fact that decent girls clothes are so hard to find. There are all kinds of tops and bottoms with rude sayings that do not cover the body, but to find cute, modest clothing is next to impossible. The older the girls get, the more difficult it is to find nice, practical clothing. If I were a better seamstress, I would sew more. Even finding decent patterns, though, can be difficult.

Lord,
Please guide me as I search for clothing for the children. Help me to find decent, modest, practical things. So much is over the top "fashion" in dry clean only fabrics, or there is a tiny square of fabric that does not cover a young lady properly. You know our needs, Lord. Thank you for providing for them.

Amen

4 comments:

one_big_pain said...

I'm so glad to find you over here!

Boy howdy, do I know your struggle with kids clothing - especially girls . . . It is so hard to find things. I feel fortunate my girls really hate most of the skimpy fashions - and they will NOT wear a swim suit that leaves little to the imagination.

As a stay-at-home mom I did make most of our clothing. I love to sew. But since joining the work force . . . well, who has time for it! Plus the price of patterns and fabric has gone up so much that you really get by cheaper buying most things. How sad is that!

Hope you're having a great week!
-cindy

Mary B said...

http://mum2best7.blogspot.com/
Tagged!

Amy Caroline said...

I wish I could sew too. I tried one year, after searching in vain for nice Easter dresses, to make them. Oh man, I am lucky my mother in law can sew. I called her up practically in tears. She came over and helped me.
I have noticed it getting a little easier to find things lately, I don't know why. I also heard from a friend at church that Kohl's was carrying a line of clothes called Purely Modest (or something to that extent). I have been meaning to check it out.
Good luck!!

Christine said...

-Amy-
Thanks for the heads up on Kohl's. We have one nearby that I can check out. :)

-Cindy-
So glad you're visiting here!

-Mary-
I will have to give this tag some thought.