Friday, May 18, 2007

Confirmed

Well, the confirmation Mass was nice (even if at 5 P.M. it was early). The Bishop had the kids smiling. He knows how to break the ice. My daughter took her given name as her confirmation name.

There was a reception in the church hall after the Confirmation. My ex-husband and estranged son attended the Mass and came down to the reception afterwards. Every time I got anywhere near where my ex was standing, he would move away. My son made a point of saying hello to ODD's BF who was standing next to me, and just ignored me. This was supposed to be a celebration of my daughter's confirmation. I tried to not let it get to me, and brought YDS home and prepared the food for when ODD and her friends arrived. They ate and chatted and laughed and then went out for the evening.

Dear Lord,
I love my daughter. Thank you for giving me strength tonight to not become weepy. It was difficult. I miss my son terribly. It still breaks my heart, too, that I am divorced. I expected my marriage to be "Until death do us part." Lord, you know all of hearts. You know the circumstances. Bring healing.

Amen.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Congratulations to you and your lovely daughter. Sorry there was a cloud over the event. God Bless!!

Mary B said...

Bless her and may the Holy Spirit find every hole, crack and crevice in her heart, open them wide and fill her to the brim!
Amen