Monday, April 30, 2007

My prayer for today

Dear Lord,
We have been told that YSS will be removed from his mother's home tomorrow. He is anxious about this because it means going into the unknown. Please bring peace to him. I pray, Lord, for his mother, also. You know I find it very hard to pray for her. I don't even know what to ask for her. I guess, Lord, that I will simply ask you to meet her needs and help her to see how meaningless life is without You in it. I am struggling with my imperfection, Lord. I am so unworthy of all the blessings you have put in my life, and I am so unworthy of Your love. My oh-so-logical mind cannot conceive of the love You have so freely given sometimes, Lord. Please forgive me for anything I say or do today that falls short, Lord, and help me to keep my eyes and my heart on You.

Amen.

No comments: