Sunday, January 14, 2007

What to say....

What can you say to an 18 year old young man who has just lost his mother? Or to his 16 year old sister who is grieving her loss that just looking at her causes you heart to ache? What do you tell the 13 year daughter of a dead woman? I am wrestling with these thoughts tonight. My heart aches and a lump rises in my throat. What do I say to these beautiful children? What comfort could any words provide? I find myself completely at a loss. I want to reach out and hold them and allow them a shoulder to cry on, but we have never been close. Although we live across the street from one another, we have been miles apart in our emotional proximity.

Lord,
At some point in the next week, and in the coming months, I will need words to speak to this grieving family. Please send your Holy Spirit to deliver a message of hope. I pray for the repose of the soul of the mother of these children. I pray, " Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy."

Amen.

1 comment:

Mominator said...

Hey Girl! I love your spot here! So sorry I haven't been around. I hardly get around to anyone. Between school, DQ, triplets, hubby, I haven't much time. I do love what you've done here!

I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor. When the time comes, God will give you the words they need to hear. How very sad for those girls. I hope they can count on each other.

Sue : )