Saturday, January 13, 2007

Perspective

I have lived in my home since 1991. My neighbors across the street moved in several years later. Within the last year, they have separated and she moved out. They have 3 children, a son, age 18, and 2 daughters ages 16 and 13 (I think she is 13, anyway). Apparently the mother was living with another man. Last night she was struck and killed by this man outside a bar in the next town over. The man is charged with motor vehicle homocide and operating under the influence as well as several other things.

As a Christian, I am worried about this woman's soul. At one time, both she and her husband attended church regularly, and professed belief in God. It appears they have both made choices leading away from Him, however. I pray for her soul and for her children. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through.

Dear Lord,
Have Mercy on L's soul. Lead her to heaven. Bless her separated husband with wisdom in dealing with the issues surrounding her death. Provide some comfort to her children. Please give me insight into how I can shine Your light into their lives. We have never been close, Lord. I never knew her very well. I pray also for the man who hit her last night, Lord. May he be repentent. May he learn of Your mercy. Help me to appreciate my family, Lord. This reminds me that they could be taken from me at any time.

Amen.

No comments: