Monday, December 11, 2006

The more things change....

Last night the police were called to DH's ex wife's home again. There were no arrests this time, but the police read them all the riot act, I guess. From what OSS told us, the police said they will arrest everyone if they are called again within the next month. It sounds as though MSS probably should have been arrested again for domestic assault, but his mother refused to press charges. And she wonders why these boys behave the way they do....sheesh.

OSS wound up coming here last night and spending the night. Tonight YSS will be spending the night. OSS said last night that he is tired of all the junk and he wants to come live here. He has been forewarned that we have rules and he will have to abide by them. We'll see if it was just anger talking last night, or if he follows through.

I feel bad for all of them. I know DH's ex is doing her best, but she has stated several times that she hates men and doesn't trust them. How difficult it is to be the son of someone who hates you because of your gender, even as she is supposed to love because she is your mother. Growing up with those mixed messages has got to be difficult at best.

Lord,
Help us to have wisdom in this situation. Help us to discern YOUR will for this situation. I want to obey You, Lord. I admit, I am wary about taking in my stepsons. We have tried to provide them a safe haven here and we have been badly burned by their behavior and attitudes. I don't want to close my ears to You out of fear, Lord, so I beg You to make Your will impossible to ignore. I ask this through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

Amen

No comments: