Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The more things change...

My oldest dear son turned 18 last week. He posted a rather harsh blog the day after his birthday that I believe was aimed at me. He moved out in December after he and my DH had an argument. I supported his decision, and I did not try to "win him back". I love my son, but I am afraid the fight has gone out of me. I was not as hurt by the diatribe I read as I might have been even a month ago. I am trying to concentrate now on the children who still live here. I need to be the best mother I can be for them. My son is convinced that I was/am a horrible mother. I can't change that. All I can do is pray for God to soften his heart. I am human, not perfect. God forgives mefor this. Maybe someday my son will, too.

Dear Lord,
Please help me today to be the best wife and mother that I can be. Continue to heal my family. Despite my sons feelings, let him know, deep in his heart, that he is loved. Give me the strength to keep going on. Please provide your protection to my children, Lord, and to my husband and I. We need you.

Amen

No comments: